Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thursday's Iris Pictures

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 2, 11 at 11:24

Photobucket

Majestic Ruler

Photobucket

Lake Taneycomo. Another of my Rockytop intros. Big, big gorgeous blue flower.

Photobucket

Here is Ink Patterns again. There is just something about it that is very striking to me.

Photobucket

An iris garden shot.

Photobucket

Dutch Iris. Yesterday I posted a batch of darker colored ones. Today I am posting some lighter ones.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thursday's Iris Pictures

Lovely as usual rita, thanks for posting!

o

Those dutch iris are stunning! I love Majestic Ruler. Such a lucious colour. Ink Patterns is also really pretty. I have an iris very similar to that called Messenger but it is an intermediate. It's first bloom came today actually. I have to get out and get some pictures but I've been so busy lately. Going to try later today.
Jason

o

I am really enjoying those Dutch Iris as they are something new for me. First time blooms this spring after planting last fall.

o

They are all so nice. I love the garden shot of the iris, with the columbines in the background :) And the Dutch iris are beautiful!

o

I love the Dutch iris in the big clumps like that. So pretty- like butterflies. Majestic Ruler sure is a nice color.
Renee

o

I had to make my own clumps of Dutch Iris by planting lots of those little bulbs. Don't know if they even would clump up here like they do in warmer climates. But I like the effect of a bunch of the same color blooming.

o

Dutch iris are indeed gorgeous as are all the iris. Those first two photos of iris are beautiful. Just wait. It won't be long until you are in iris withdrawal too.
kay

o

Yesterday I started cutting afew stalks that had finished blooming. I have all those new iris from last year up in that top backyard bed and I know they will do much better next year. Iris season is winding down.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here