Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics for Monday

Posted by sunnyjay 5b (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 6, 11 at 14:20

We've had some really nice days here and the irises just keep on blooming!

CLARENCE (this is the tallest iris in my garden this year and it is loaded with buds! The only one that is beating it for bud count is Best Bet)
"Clarence"

BUMBLEBEE DEELITE (a really, REALLY cute iris)
"Bumblebee Deelite"

NOID (I really like this one but it was a freebie that I rescued from the compost site so I don't know the name of it)
Photobucket

DADDY COOL (this one has a really nice smell)
"Daddy Cool"

BLAST
"Blast"

EARLY SCOUT PEONY (the first peony in my garden to bloom)
"Early Scout"
Jason

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics for Monday

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 6, 11 at 16:32

Beautiful pictures! I bought Scout last spring and she flowered for me this year. Awesome color. I love the look of Clarence and have considered getting it but somehow I always end up with someone else! You did answer a question of mine tho. I had posted about the Violet Turner I had bought saying it didn't look like VT. Now I see you have the same one, Blast, at least I think they're the same. How big is the flower on yours? Mine is the standard large flower of a tall bearded. Marg

o

Marg - I got CLARENCE last year at a grocery store garden centre. Funny thing is, they weren't selling that iris at all. It must have been dug up by the supplier and shipped with the others, thinking it was one of the others! It had the wrong label in it (which was the right label for all the rest it was with). I just happend to be there the day it decided to bloom and recognized it as CLARENCE and bought it. The same exact thing happend at the same store this year except this time I ended up with DELIRIUM. Both were happy mistakes but at least I knew I was buying mistakes. I wouldn't be quite as happy to have bought something and have it unknowingly bloom as something else. Also, I don't think that BLAST is what you have. Mine is an Intermediate and the flower is not on a tall stalk and the flower is also not as large as a Tall Bearded type.
Jason

o

My Clarence turned out to be not Clarence at all. Yours is gorgeous.
Renee

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 6, 11 at 19:30

Thanks Jason. The color is a very close match so I thought it might be Blast. Guess the search continues. Marg

o

CLARENCE is a beauty.

o

Thanks for posting the pictures. I knew I had Clarence somewhere. Now I know where. One more identified.

o

Bumblebee Delight is wonderful!

o

Thank-you to all for the nice comments on the irises!
Jason

o

I love Clarence> I may have to hunt for that one as it was my father's name. Thanks for pposting it, Jason.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here