Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it possible to id from the picture?

Posted by green_go z5a (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 8, 14 at 14:29

I have an unknown iris I bought from Wallmart on sale 2 years ago as a half-dead stick with no tag. It is grown since then significantly and formed a good-sized clump. Now I'd like to know what exactly did I get?
Is it possible to identify it from the picture?
 photo DSC02928_zps98f03e2e.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it possible to id from the picture?

looks like "rare treat" to me.

o

Getting an id from pictures will depend upon the accuracy of the photos and the distinctiveness of the iris. All additional information helps. Like height, bloom date, year purchased and from where, purple based foliage, etc. For absolute positive id the proposed one is planted next to the no-id one. They will be a genetic match right down to branching and opening.

'Orinoco Flow' looks a lot like yours. It's very distinctive but there certainly could be a look-alike with, what, over 60,000 registered iris? Think that's the figure I've heard.

Lovely display.

o

Freedoms Song

o

They are absolutely gorgeous! WOW!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here