Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
happyday_gw

Schreiner's Fragrant Collection

happyday
14 years ago

I'm a bit new to iris collecting and want fragrant varieties. Schreiners has a fragrant collection of 11 varieties, mostly purples, for $49.95 plus 10.50 shipping.

Has anyone bought this? Is it a good collection of the most fragrant varieties? I know Schreiners is very well regarded.

Looking through their fragrant listings, I noticed other varieties described as having a "pronounced fragrance" that were not in the collection. Maybe the collection does not have the MOST fragrant varieties?

I'm also a little bummed that I JUST missed the cutoff for their free shipping (June 1st) I wonder if Schreiners has a coupon code for a first time buyer?

Comments (3)

• madeyna
    14 years ago

I just looked at their fragrant collection and I have several of the iris listed on it. Schreiners is great to buy from. You will be very pleased with the size of the iris you receive. The rebloomers I bought from them last summer bloomed in the fall. They have many fragrant iris that aren,t in that collection but it looks like a great cross representative of scents. Oops I just realized I am looking at last years catolog. I,ll have to dig up this years and see whats in this years fragrant collection. It looks like its mixed with some of last years and some new additions as well. I bought two dozen cut stems from them a few weeks ago and had to ride down the freeway with our windows down because the sent while heavenly was really overpowering in the van.

• happyday
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You mean they have a completely different fragrant collection every year? This year it is

Copper Classic - Peachy
    Dark Passion - Wild Grapes
    Gingersnap - Root Beer
    Hemstitched - Sweet Lilac
    Immortality - Sugary
    Indigo Princess - Orange Blossoms
    Mary Frances - Lavender
    Pallida Variegata - Fruity Punch
    Scented Bubbles - Bubble Bath
    Thriller - Spicy Cherry
    When You Wish - Cotton Candy

Are all of the above strongly scented?

• madeyna
    14 years ago

Not competely different just a few are different from last years they are Ginger snap,and Vanity. I have been lucky enough to smell most of the above and they were very strongly scented but they have many more that I thought were just as strongly scented.

Sponsored