Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
some new pictures

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 11 at 15:29

I have no more irises but am beginning to get more colour in the garden.
These are the Angels Choir poppies. I thought they were all going to come up red but not so! They have reseeded in my daylily bed.
Poppy mix

This one came up with a pretty pink edge.
Angels Choir poppy

East Freisland Salvia is putting on a good show. I have divided it often and have several around the garden.
East Freisland Salvia

This is Lady's Mantle. I love the frothy chartreuse flowers. I have it planted near a Josephine clematis.

Lad's Mantle

Here is a planter made up of petunias and varioud lobelias
Mixed planter

I tried this new annual this year, I think I will be keeping it around. This is Dimorphotheca.

Dimorphotheca

Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: some new pictures

There are only a few plants that make me waver about staying in California. Peonies and Lady's Mantle are two of them. Chartreuse is by far my favorite color, and there's nothing to substitute for Lady's Mantle, with those pretty leaves.
Renee

o
RE: some new pictures

Your pictures are lovely. I have serious poppy envy, but I love to see pictures, especially of red ones.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here