http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb111/kprp/iris2009058.jpg

Comments (7)

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

You almost got it. Choose the HTML code box. It begins with a carat

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Nice bunch of iris!

If you want to post the http address as a hot link you can do so in the "preview message" screen.

Scroll below your message box and now there are 2 additional narrow boxes --- the Optional Link URL: is where you paste your http address. In the Name of the Link: you can repaste the same (as I'm doing on this response) or give it a different name.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1031022}}

• ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    14 years ago

Oh, goodness, those are beautiful!! What are the ones with the deep blue falls?

Edie

• aliska12000
    14 years ago

I explained in your previous post. That is just gorgeous. Try to make your photo not to exceed 900 pixels in width or approx 800X600 so people won't have to scroll across to see it all. Also learn to compress or save for web so photos won't exceed about 125 KB in size maximum. Just under 100 KB is better. Most people have fast load speeds, but some people are still on dialup, and it takes longer for them to load large photos, especially a whole thread containing them. It takes a little practice to learn how to resize a photo and save it to the right size.

Also your resolution is pretty high. Usually 72 ppi works best but now I make mine 96 ppi because some people have huge monitors. Yours was 180 ppi which makes a photo too many KB.

I took the liberty of resizing your photo to show you what I meant, also reduced the resolution to 96 ppi. If you take offense and I find this thread again, I'll delete it off my server immediately.

Yours:

{{gwi:1031022}}

Yours resized with lower resolution (I got it down to 197 KB and that's still pretty big but yours was 429 KB.

{{gwi:1031024}}

• kprp
    Original Author
    14 years ago

aliska, thank you so much.

I don't know how to compress photos, gues sI'll have to study my photo loader program.

I appreciate what you did, thanks so much.

Kim

• aliska12000
    14 years ago

Kim, it took me a long time to figure out how to do all that. First I spent a couple years with paint shop pro but posted where you could just attach photos like we do on emails. It was usenet newsgroups which use emails. Then I got on a forum where people were embedding photos and wondered how the heck people did that lol.

I just picked it up little by little and am still no expert. If I look at the size of my photos on my hd, it says one thing and also when I'm saving them in Photoshop. Then when I get them out on the web and check the properties, I get a different number.

Maybe you can find a FAQ or forum for your photo loader program. I wouldn't know anything if I hadn't read a bunch of stuff and people helping me.

Hope whatever I did helps, if you don't understand it, that's ok. Sometime it will just click. "That's what she meant". Heh. It's just hard to talk somebody through the process, and it comes up so often here, how do I get a photo in my post?

Don't ask how to code for a thumbnail that when you click on it, it is a link to take you to a larger photo. I see a lot of that here, too. Should be easy enough, but I don't know how to do it without using an html editor which makes it pretty automatic which you can't really do here. Guess I could look at the code and figure it out.

• scott586
    14 years ago

very nice display

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz