Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What can this iris be?

Posted by aseedisapromise z4.5 SD (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 16:43

So this iris hasn't bloomed for me for four years that I have had it. Now that I have moved to a place with lighter soil, everything is blooming, and I have some surprises. This was supposed to be Panama Hattie, but obviously is not. What do you think? Sostenique? It bloomed latest of all my iris, after Swingtown and Oasis Cathy. It's taller than Swingtown, but shorter than Oasis Cathy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What can this iris be?

Could be Sweet Musette.

o

Well it could be. I have to see more flowers so I have more to compare, and have the wind and hail not beat things up. The stems are really strong which is nice.

o

Here is a pic of my Sweet Musette

o

Yes, that is pretty, and very like it. I guess the thing to do to be sure is to get a few that I think it might be and see which is more like it in person. Or I could ask the place where I got it. I am not sure I can ask for them to send me the variety I actually ordered after all this time, but maybe they could tell me what they think it is.

o

This is DEFINITELY NOT Sweet Musette.

o

Actually, mine has lace but isn't so ruffly. And there is a lot more purple on the standards. The falls are more standy-outy. I asked the place I got it and they said it was Our Love Song. MIne has no trace of SA, though. But I guess this happens.

o

Thanks for the name! I think it's a beauty. Looked at Daves and the photo there isn't nearly as pretty as yours.

o

I'm not sure that it is Our Love Song. He was just answering off the cuff, and that's what came to his mind. I think it doesn't have the white around the beard like OLS, and it doesn't show any SA tendencies. But I thought it was worth a try to ask.

o

Thanks for your observation re: name. Who was the seller? Do they also hybridize?

o

Our Love Song is a Jedlicka intro. I actually ordered Panama Hattie from them, and this is what was sent. It took it four years to bloom, and that is a long time, too long I think to ask for a replacement. I'm not so sure I like the pink-and-purples, but I don't have a big desire for Panama Hattie at this point either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here