Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sadly no more iris, just prettys

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 19, 11 at 17:00

My irises are almost finished blooming but I thought I'd just post some extras I have right now.

This is White Valerian that I started from seed last year. Some people say it smells like vanilla but not to me!
White Valerian

These poppies reseeded everywhere. I now have them all through my iris and daylily beds. Angels Choir poppies are really nice tho so I don't mind. Here they are with the last of the iris.
Poppies with the last of the irises

My Nigella has done a great job of flowering this year. I love the ferny foliage.

Nigella

This is the first year I have grown Ice Plant, I love it!
Photobucket

This is Karl Rosenfeldt peony. This year it came up much darker red than usual.
Photobucket

Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sadly no more iris, just prettys

Wow, your peony is gorgeous! I also love your ice plant! Never seen or heard of one of those before. You have a great yard/property!
Jason

o

Congrats on your seeds!!

When I first came to Calif. there were vibrant gorgeous colors on the slopes beside the freeways. Iceplant! Then there was an extremely wet winter and the iceplant with its lower soil came sliding down onto the freeway. (it retained water & weight doubled or tripled). The smaller "leafed" one may be used still? Love your colors!

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 20, 11 at 9:05

Jason: Thanks. We bought a farm 10 years ago. The only thing on the property at the time was a barn. I decided I wanted a garden so we put a 'corral' in front of the barn, facing east. Thats where my flowerbeds are. Right now its time to redo the beds so they're under construction. I'll be putting more daylilies out there and more peonies. I do wintersowing so that's how I started the ice plants. Next year I'll have more. They really sparkle don't they?

iris_gal: you can never have enough color, right? These ice plants sure do add to it.

Marg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here