Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeking names of 3 irises

Posted by ann_tx8 z8/East Texas (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 17:08

I will very much appreciate your help in finding the name of three irises I lost in last year's drought. One is tall, bright yellow, large bloom, orange beard. The others are pale lavender, probably a medium height, but height is not important, just the colors: One lavender had a lavender beard and the other had a white beard. I miss them and would love to replace them. Thank you for any help.

Ann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeking names of 3 irises

I'm so sorry you lost your irises.

We will be able to give you better suggestions for replacements if you can tell us how long you had these irises. There are thousands of irises out there, but some are used more and are justly more popular than others.

A very famous and much-loved lavendar is Mary Frances. There's a link to some photos below.

If you go to the Blue J Iris online catalog, you can search for irises according to color. Then you can pick the ones closest to the ones you lost.

http://www.bluejiris.com/

Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: Mary Frances pictures

o
RE: Seeking names of 3 irises

Mary Frances was a rotter for me. Visual Arts is a good lavender (good for me does not necessarily mean it will be good in your climate) with a white beard. Yellows with orange/red beard: Cote d'Or, Grand Prix.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here