Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aquawise

iris photo record

aquawise
11 years ago

I am keeping a photo record of my Iris! Some may be named Wrong as I can only go by the name that came with them. Hope this link works.

Here is a link that might be useful: photo record

Comments (14)

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Very nice photo record! Your noids are so very pretty! They all are! Thank you, Rena'

• aquawise
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am so glad the link worked, Thanks Rena!
    My Mobile Gallery me will quit at the end of the month so I had to find another place to show my Pics. Wonderful. Thanks!!!

• red50
    11 years ago

Hi Gayla,

Very nice album of your iris. I took names. lol
    Do you how about many you have?

I have been wondering. What time of day is best to take pics? I took pics of my iris, the sun was too bright, & they didn't show the colors.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

red50 Joyce

• aseedisapromise
    11 years ago

I try to take my photos on a cloudy day, and that works well for me. Or I try to take photos when the sun is not up yet, or is already set, or is on the other side of the house etc. It is really hard to take photos where the color isn't washed out, especially if your subject is light in color. Underexposing can help. The contrast is too high if the sun is shining on your subject.

• aquawise
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have over 100 colors and more coming this fall. I take my pics early morning or late evening. Cloudy days are also good. My camera is not a fancy one! But it does a good job. Thanks for looking!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    11 years ago

My Mobile Gallery me will quit at the end of the month so I had to find another place to show my Pics.
    The link you used previously (with the black background) always caused my rather slow computer connection to freeze up. Your new Flikr link works much better.

What beauties! Thanks for sharing.

I did notice a misspelling on one...Extaticc Echo (page 3) should probably be "Ecstatic Echo".

Sue

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Lovely iris collection, I think you have added a lot of photos since I last looked.

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Ecstatic Echo is my favorite iris. Your photo is really lovely. I also love your Starring! What a pretty iris!

I have a few ID suggestions that you may want to follow up on. The iris labeled 'Beverly Sills' is not- it has yellow hafts, and BS doesn't. Your iris looks like a more recent intro to me.

Deliciously Different is peachy colored, if memory serves. Are you sure that's not Decadence?

Two others that could be mislabeled are Rare Treat, which is not quite as dark as your iris, and Chasing Rainbows. You may want to do a close inspection of a number of photos for those two. It took me two years to ID Classic Look because it looks so much like Rare Treat and others. I finally had to buy it again!

Thank you for sharing your photos- this is a much more pleasant browsing experience than your old album. I'll be back for more viewing again!

Renee

• aquawise
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hosenemesis!! thanks for calling my attention to my mistakes. Rare treat came from Schreiners so I did not Question its name. I will look again. I order Ocelot from the the same year and when it bloomed it was "NOT" Ocelot it was cool Confidence! SO I guess they could have messed that one up to.
    The same goes with chasing Rainbows. I will re search them ans see what I find. Thanks for the help I do appreciate it.

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Well, take my warnings with a grain of salt. If you got them from Schreiner's, they are probably correct. I have gotten mistakes from them as well, but the mistakes were obvious, not a look-a-like iris. It may just be a difference in the climate that makes the rim on Rare Treat look darker- and the same goes for Chasing Rainbows.

I'm going to look at your beautiful Ecstatic Echo again.
    Renee

• aquawise
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I see what you mean on both of them! Could be the soil as well! very alkaline here. But it warrants another look.
    Ecstatic Echo came from Burgard Iris farm. I have several and they are beautiful, and only first year blooms.

• ingwe4
    11 years ago

So many irresistible irises! I am green of envy (only nearly). Very lovely photos too. I'll return and have another look!

• jeanrichter
    11 years ago

Sorry to report your Color Carnival is incorrect. If the stalk is more like IB height (25" or so) it could be Monsignor.

• aquawise
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thats great! Jean glad you told me. I list them as they came to me knowing that some are Wrong others are VERY Wrong. LOL it help like yours the gets its wright or at least what they are NOT.

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional