Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iris identification please

Posted by taigen zone 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 30, 08 at 17:33

Hi I was visiting at someone's garden, I don't even know the people but their garden was just wonderful and so we stopped to ask for a look. They were very gracious and gave us a little tour. They have this wonderful iris that I took a photo of but she didn't know the name of it as it was someone elses cast off. I hope the picture shows the true colour as it is almost a "caramel" colouring to it, just a wonderful plant that I would like to try and find if I knew the name.
Anyway here is the photo...hope someone can identify it for me. Thanks
P.S. I will try posting this on a more open part of the forum also.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iris identification please

Looks a lot like 'Champagne Elegance' to me.

- Steve

o

I agree. Looks a lot like the pictures of 'Champagne Elegance' at Dave's Gardens

'Champagne Elegance'

o
Another possibility

well, not to complicate matters, but the only thing that didn't quite fit with 'CE' is the beard color seems more orange in your photo.

Could 'Magharee' be a possibility? (see it on Schreiner's website)

o

Thank you for the reply and the site...it certainly does look like the same iris "Frontier Lady". I have posted this on other parts of the forum and some think it may also be a champagne elegance iris. There is actually a garden club meeting tonight and I printed off the photo and will take it along.
Thank you again for your help.
Have a great day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here