Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Japanese Iris Dirigo Pink Milestone

Posted by silverkelt Z5b/Southern Maine (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 24, 10 at 19:03

Purchased at Eartheart Iris Gardens in Maine..

I think Im in love.. Ive already started a new japanese iris garden area.. lol, with a whopping two cultivators, but will add a few every year now..

But my word.. pinker than I wouldve ever imagined!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks for looking

Silverkelt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Japanese Iris Dirigo Pink Milestone

How exciting. Just lovely.

o

That color of pink is my favorite. I like it lighter, like yours, and darker, like Harryshoe's. What a wonderful, saturated color. The bright yellow just makes it that much prettier.
Renee

o

Wow, that is a beauty, congrats!

o

I also love your ferns.
Renee

o

Photobucket

Photobucket

Couple of shots from this evening..

Silverkelt

o

That is soooooooo beautiful. I'd want one but don't know what my track record w/Siberians will be. The ones I planted late last year (Aug-Sep) survived the winter but didn't bloom this spring. Maybe it takes awhile.

o

That's a nice shade of pink. Looks great with the ferns. Everyone comments on the Japanese Iris when they visit.

o

I missed that it was a Japanese rather than a Siberian. Sorry. The only Japanese ones I tried died the first winter, must need a lot of extra protection. Only a half-zone difference, but maybe some work and some don't.

o

Japanese iris are very hardy zone 3 or so..

however, they like consistent moisture and low ph level..

My soil is fairly acidic, as is most soils in my region of the world.. lots of pines trees, in fact mine are planted in compost that is heavy in pine needles..

They should be easy growers...

Silverkelt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here