Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another misnaming question

Posted by honalee 3a (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 8, 09 at 19:03

Just curious if others have had many incorrectly labeled irises from growers. Or if it is me who has scrambled them up? I have dogs that pull my tags out and a husband who often catches them with the snow shovel as well. But often they don't look like ANYTHING I have once they have bloomed! Input is welcome.

Ginny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another misnaming question

I've never bought from growers, but I have purchased from our local iris society sales. No problems in recent years since they have started writing the name on the iris fan itself. They used to just put it in a box & write the name on the box. I got 2 or 3 that were misnamed. I still run into problems with losing tags, or switching tags when I plant a bunch at one time. That is just me though, or more likely, the garden gnome is pulling pranks on me. I did have one this year that bloomed for the 1st time. I think I received this one in trade, Bye Bye Blues turned out to be purple. Very disappointing.

o

Most of my irises were planted with the names written right on the fan or wrapped with a sticky label as well as my tag so it's gotta be those faeries, the ones with 4 legs!

Ginny

o

I have only been on this place for 4 years and there were no iris on the place when I bought it . I have every tag for every iris on the place and some just don,t match any tag at all. Must be the iris fairy dropping off supprise iris to trick me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here