Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fragrant white bearded iris

Posted by njtea NJ Z6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 6, 08 at 19:17

When I moved to my current home, there was a clump of beautifully fragrant white irises here. I divided them and for several years they grew and gave me great pleasure.

Last year, I divided them again but got nothing this year; although they had started regrowing after I replanted them, they are gone.

Therefore, I need suggestions for a fragrant, probably "antique" white iris. Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fragrant white bearded iris

Immortality, which seems to be the default white iris anymore, is not an antique, but has a beautiful form and is the most fragrant of all the irises in our Ohio garden. Smells like orange blossoms. It is also our most reliable rebloomer. My wife's favorite iris, period.
Photobucket

o
RE: Fragrant white bearded iris

Thanks, Pianoman. I'll look for that one and hopefully get some suggestions on others also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here