Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ethel_o

ID of iris

ethel_o
12 years ago

I received some tubers that were marked with names, but no descriptions.

Does anyone know what "Yankee Boy" looks like?

Another was "Confessions", probably a bright yellow.

Thanks

Comments (4)

• aquawise
    12 years ago

I have not herd of either of them.
    There is a Yankee Skipper~blue dwarf bearded. The other I cannot find in any data base. Sorry I cant help any more than that.

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

What kind of irises are they? That may help narrow the search. Here is a link to the American Iris Society database for searching for irises.
    Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: Iris Encylcopedia

• marricgardens
    12 years ago

I found a Siberian iris called Yankee Doodle Boy. It can be seen at www.tranquil-lake.com/catalogue/, it's blue.

• ethel_o
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm looking for a tall bearded; the only thing I could find on line was the Siberian iris. I will probably never know which one it is, but it really isn't that big of a deal. The collection was from someone who was really "into" irises, so all of them are gorgeous: Big Squeeze; Blue Stitching; Confession, Moon Journey, Sky Surf, and Yankee Boy. The only one I'm really sure of is Blue Stitching. Regrettably, the giver is no longer with us, so I can't ask him.
    I have a large, very tall, white iris with a bright orange beard called Frost and Flame which I bought over 20 years ago from Farmers Nursery. It is not found on the internet, either. There is a smaller version probably Called "Christmas" which some of you might be familiar with.
    Thanks for all your help.

Sponsored
Custom Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures Solutions in Loudoun County