Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19702054

Rebloom?

User
9 years ago

I've looked to see if Ozark Maid is listed as a rebloomer but I can't find anywhere that shows it is. It is blooming again in my garden today is zone 6. It bloomed beautifully this Spring. Is it too early to consider this rebloom? I thought it would be Fall for rebloom.

Comments (3)

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Only two MTBs by Fisher are listed at the Reblooming Iris Society. Ozark Evening '91 and Merit '96.

Ozark Maid has Little Susie (BB) in its parentage, which is listed as a rebloomer at the Reblooming Iris Society..

Timing, very strange. i've seen TB rebloomers bloom 2 months apart and then not again for the year. As well as the more common pattern of spring and fall. When Nicholls Gardens had their web site up they specified iris that repeated quickly and labeled some as ever bloomers.

Ozark Maid must be very happy!

• Nancy
    9 years ago

I think maybe it depends on the weather. I have several rebloomers, had them for years & some had never rebloomed. Two years ago we had a terribly hot June, I had rebloom shortly after from several of my regular rebloomers, plus some that had never rebloomed before. Several went on to rebloom that fall. Last year I got little rebloom in the fall & we had a very mild year with enough rain to make everything happy without being soggy

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for your thoughtful replies. It is fun to have an Iris in the summer. Ann

Sponsored
Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living in Columbus, OH