Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rebloom?

Posted by bloombuddie z6 OK (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 20:46

I've looked to see if Ozark Maid is listed as a rebloomer but I can't find anywhere that shows it is. It is blooming again in my garden today is zone 6. It bloomed beautifully this Spring. Is it too early to consider this rebloom? I thought it would be Fall for rebloom.

Ozark Maiden rebloom 1

Ozark Maid rebloom June 22 2014

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rebloom?

Only two MTBs by Fisher are listed at the Reblooming Iris Society. Ozark Evening '91 and Merit '96.

Ozark Maid has Little Susie (BB) in its parentage, which is listed as a rebloomer at the Reblooming Iris Society..

Timing, very strange. i've seen TB rebloomers bloom 2 months apart and then not again for the year. As well as the more common pattern of spring and fall. When Nicholls Gardens had their web site up they specified iris that repeated quickly and labeled some as ever bloomers.

Ozark Maid must be very happy!

o

I think maybe it depends on the weather. I have several rebloomers, had them for years & some had never rebloomed. Two years ago we had a terribly hot June, I had rebloom shortly after from several of my regular rebloomers, plus some that had never rebloomed before. Several went on to rebloom that fall. Last year I got little rebloom in the fall & we had a very mild year with enough rain to make everything happy without being soggy

o

Thank you for your thoughtful replies. It is fun to have an Iris in the summer. Ann

Ozark Maid duo on rebloom June 25 2014

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here