Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eroctuse2

Hollingworth Siberian Photos

eroctuse2
14 years ago

So, after seeing just how interested people were, I applied myself and finished editing photos. I've uploaded every photo worth sharing from the Hollingworth's. You can find them here.

If it doesn't have a name on it (very few do), it's a seedling. I can get seedling numbers (for those that were marked) for anyone desperate to know, but it didn't seem worth all the work to label the photos only to learn that something's been culled down the road.

Here's just a sampling of some of my favorites:

{{gwi:1032582}}

{{gwi:1032583}}

{{gwi:1032584}}

{{gwi:1032585}}

{{gwi:1032587}}

{{gwi:1032588}}

{{gwi:1032589}}

{{gwi:1032591}}

Comments (11)

• mshadow
    14 years ago

AWESOME! I can hardly wait to see the other pictures.

Shadow

• PollyNY
    14 years ago

Beautiful pictures Brock, thanks for showing them. I just love some of the seedlings, of course the ones I love never get intro'd.

I think the one with the wide purple band aroud the falls is very unique.

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

I started looking at them late last night. Actually did go thru them once quickly. Have had to work very late today so probably will not get back to looking until tomorrow. I just wanted to post a fast comment that the pictures are increadable and thank you so much for taking them and loading them. Will be back with more comments.

• eroctuse2
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm glad to hear that the photos are being enjoyed and not just sitting around gathering dust on the hard drive.

Just to let everyone know, I just uploaded the photos from the side trip to our friend's garden and a few from my own gardens I'd skipped over to get the Hollingworth photos done. Those posts are in the gallery part of the forum. I only posted these photos here, because I had made a previous post regarding them.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy them, too.

• regattagirl
    14 years ago

I almost didn't click on this thread because I don't know what Hollingworth is and thought that I have plenty enough to focus on for now anyway without adding Siberian iris to my iris fever.

Well, now I'd like to say GOOD GRIEF I'M GOING INTO HYPER IRIS FEVER with acute symptoms of compulsive obsessive behavior that I do NOT normally have (okay, well, there was that hosta situation).

But seriuosly, can I BLAME YOU for this? Can you say ENABLER???

These are so gorgeous that I want them ALL...or at least 1, 4, 7 & 8 but who is counting?

Okay...back from lunch to your regularily scheduled work program.

Now HOW am I supposed to concentrate?

Gah.

• eroctuse2
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL!

I'm sorry, regattagirl, but I'm happy to hear you're more interested in them.

Would it help if I posted the "ugly seedling" as Bob and Judy called it? They said it was the ugliest thing they'd seen.

{{gwi:1032592}}

We had a long discussion over it and I said that I liked the turquoise style arms and the double crescent shape on the signal. Judy said the style arms looked "like they were going to vomit". lol

She wrote me and said now Bob has been looking at it, called it neat, and she blames me. LOL

• madeyna
    14 years ago

Thanks for being such a nice enabler and posting those beatiful pics. I really liked that last one until the vomit comment . Now I think I would have to think of vomit everytime I saw it . Or at least tongues. Oh the power of suggestion. Its got me laughing now.

• regattagirl
    14 years ago

To me it looks like it's whirling. I like it. I've certainly seen more boring and much uglier.

I'd have to agree with Bob. It is neat.

None of this helps with the HIF (hyper iris fever).

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

Those are so beautiful! It makes me jealous, becasue it is too hot here for them to grow, butI love seeing your pictures.
    kay

• ladypat1
    14 years ago

Here I go, slippery slope! I just bought two siberians this year, and am anxious to learn about them and see more. I like the idea you can mulch them, so I can put them with other flowers. I have lots of Tall Bearded, but these are soooo dainty. Thanks for the pictures. Bet you didn't know how many obsessive compulsives there were out here lurking, scary.

Pat

• gmason
    14 years ago

Very nice photos as usual.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!