Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First order arrived!

Posted by sherryaustin 9b (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 2:53

Got my Schreiner's order today. (Lord help me, I've got three more orders coming).. I'm filling in some holes in my collection w/ this order. Conjuration, Starship Enterprise, Stepping Out, Rhinelander, Paul Black, and Lady Friend. I was happy to see Downtown Brown thrown in as a bonus in addition to Girly Girl. Any comments on any of these would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First order arrived!

How exciting!

I've had Lady Friend and it was a reliable bloomer in my area.

Have heard Starship Enterprise is a problem bloomer. Hosenemesis may chime in with her experience on this beauty. I hope it performs for you.

o

I could not grow Starship Enterprise. I had it for years and years in a prime spot- it bloomed once, with two flowers, then promptly died. Rhinelander is really nice and the foliage stays upright and clean looking; It bloomed well in its first year, but did not bloom at all in year two, so it went to the Iris Society. I have so many orchid colored irises I needed its spot for a new one. Conjuration and Lady Friend are great irises. I think you made excellent choices. I hope Starship Enterprise does well for you- it is such an exquisite flower.

o

I hope your Girly Girl is a good grower. I just received mine a couple of weeks ago. I won the naming contest for that iris. It's named for my "girly girl" granddaughters!

Susie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here