Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sorry for this question

Posted by mrtoad 7b NC (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 24, 09 at 8:27

i know this has been asked and answered - probably discussed many times - please forgive

but

i have metal markers - what is the best pen to use to label my iris markers

thanks so much

mr toad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sorry for this question

I AM USING A GREASE PENCIL RIGHT NOW AND THEN PUT CLEAR NAIL POLISH OVER IT....I ALSO WRITE NAME ON STEM BECAUSE I WAS TOLD THE NAME WONT FADE OFF AS QUICK AS THE NAME EXPOSED TO WEATHER

I POSTED A SIMULAR QUESTION EARLIER AND THIS WAS SOME OF THE RESPONSE....HOPE IT HELPS....TRULLY RITA

What I use in the commerical beds are DecoColor by Marvy, a black paint pen, you get at stores like Michaels or on Ebay or the internet. Used now for 10 years. Only have to redo about every 3 or more years

Paint pens are good, just make sure it is black. For some reason blue ones don't last. I mostly use grease pencils.

o

I use a ball point pen & really dig in when writing the name. Then I go over it with black fine Sharpy marker. The marker does fade eventually but the gouged-in pen saves the name.

o

I use two different methods on my metal stakes. I use a metal engraver to engrave the name permanently on some markers. I also use a "Listo Pencil" with black lead "more like a crayon". Sharpies and permanent markers fade in the sun.

o

you have been a big help

thanks for the suggestions

mr toad

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here