Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aseedisapromise

Total Recall Blooming

aseedisapromise
11 years ago

So earlier in another post I said that Total Recall had never bloomed for me. Well, maybe a story goes with this.

My first iris order I ever made I just found a vendor and picked a bunch of iris by their colors only, without paying attention to growth habits or bloom times or anything else. Well, I did differentiate between the IBs and the TBs. But I ordered TR because it was a light yellow. Well, what got sent to me was Oasis Cathy, which didn't bloom for two years, so it took a long time to find out that it wasn't TR. The vendor wasn't happy, but replaced it with a new rhizome. I was moving, so I planted it in a pot last summer so I could plant it at my new house. It and all my other iris I could dig up got planted last November after we moved and I got things in the house and the garlic planted. Well. Some of the iris survived this treatment, and some even bloomed, but not Total Recall. Nice big fan, but no bloom. So imagine my surprise and amusement that as soon as I wrote that post about it never blooming I went out and noticed a bloom stalk starting up. This is right in the middle of it being really hot here and nasty. The temps moderated somewhat last week, and so the blooms opened yesterday, and some of the roses are even trying to bloom now that it isn't so hot.

I don't know if the fan will be able to make offsets by the time the frost comes, but at least I get to see what it looks like. Thanks for looking.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County