Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AIS Awards

Posted by wmoores 7/8 MS (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 15, 08 at 12:21

The AIS awards are posted at the AIS website.

www.irises.org Click on Member Services, then Information Central, and then Awards.

http://www.irises.org/AISawards2008.pdf

For some reason I don't have the Link That Might Be Helpful Box

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AIS Awards

I see the link only if I reply to a previous post.

Here is a link that might be useful: AIS

o

Thank you Walter,
The link works perfect to download the AIS Awards pdf file.

o

For some reason I don't have the Link That Might Be Helpful Box
If you are the one starting the thread, you won't see the Optional Link URL box, until you hit Preview.

Sue

o

Thanks!

Question: does an iris become eligible for the Dykes immediately following a year winning a Wister Medal, or is it two years later that the iris is eligible to win?

Mike in SC

o

Mike,

An iris that wins a section medal is eligible for the Dykes the first year after winning. There is a rest period for a year between steps up the awards ladder except after winning a section medal. I think the fastest an iris (bearded) can win a Dykes is eight years if it wins each step on its first eligibility.

1987 Iris is introduced.
1988 Building eligibility.
1989 Wins HM.
1990 Rests. (Building eligibility).
1991 Wins AM.
1992 Rests.(Building eligibility).
1993 Wins Wister.
1994 Wins Dykes.

o

Walter

Great explanation of the ladder to the awards.

I was thrilled to see that Starwoman received the DM for several reasons, one it is a great iris, and two it is not a tall bearded iris.

I love all iris and feel that all iris should have the same chance and with Marky receiving it for this one, it might open the way for others to follow

D

o

Out by the side of 1993 Wister, I should have added 'or other bearded medal to include medians (several medals within this group), MDBs, and aril/arilbreds.' They are all eligible.

It takes longer for a beardless to climb the ladder. Thus far none has made it though many have been deserving.

o

Thanks,
That's very helpful. I guess if I had been thinking I would have seen that "Starring" won the Wister last year and was 2nd runner up this year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here