Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilaclily_gw

2nd Year Ordering From Iris Greens

lilaclily
17 years ago

I don't know how many of you are familiar with this mailorder company, but I just wanted to rave about the order I just got in. This was my 2nd year ordering from them and I couldn't be happier. I've ordered about 100 different iris in total now and I'm sure this batch will do just as well as last year's. Most bloomed this spring from last year's purchase and were nothing short of amazing. If they feel the rhizome is small, they will send two. All are labeled and the labels are secure and clear and hold up under snow, rain, etc.

They have great prices and a wonderful selection and included bonuses with your order. The website is easy to negotiate with pictures of all irises. Reasonable shipping too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Iris Greens Online Catalog

Comments (19)

• rblegend
    17 years ago

Oh Thank you, I have never heard of them before!
    Rae Ann

• rblegend
    17 years ago

I just sent an order!
    Nice prices! And paypal!

• west_texas_peg
    17 years ago

THANK YOU! PayPal plus I found some of my old iris from 20 yrs ago plus dozens of others that started me to drooling! WOW!

Oh my, I can see now I have to start some new beds in my back gardens and share lots of 'plain' yellow iris to make room in the front driveway bed!

Thanks again!
    Peggy

• terry94705
    17 years ago

I found a few things there last year that I couldn't find elsewhere. Nice rhizomes and great prices!

Terry

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    17 years ago

How very beautiful, and the prices are very reasonable, as is the shipping.

Sue

• annnorthtexas
    17 years ago

Thanks for posting this. I clicked to this forum thinking I'd find a good source for irises. You made it so easy!

• rblegend
    17 years ago

Count me in!
    These rhizomes are so clean and pretty I can sit them on the kitchen table and stare at them for hours! Just kidding!(This is easier than planting them!)
    Bravo Iris Greens!
    Thanks again;
    Rae Ann

• carolynmo
    17 years ago

I was not familar with this company. I placed a small order that arrived Tues and am very pleased with their rhizomes. Thank you for telling us about them!

• rblegend
    17 years ago

I put the iris in the ground FINALLY ( too hot) ! Please note,I recieved my order Aug 3! The rhizomes 'sat' in a a box without the excelsior packing for almost 3 1/2 weeks. They are are so plump & clean ( must be a bleach dip!) not even a dried brown leaf! The fans are stout and freshly snipped!
    I am so impressed!
    Thanks again for telling me about them.
    I even wrote Iris Greens a email of KUDOS!

• lilaclily
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am glad I could share such a great find with others. I've now ordered about 100 from them and DH has cut me OFF, lol!

• lilaclily
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, DH be darned, I just placed my third year order from this amazing company. This is my largest order ever! As far as I'm concerned, they have a loyal customer for life! Until I run out of room, that is!

Word must be catching on because for the first time I am seeing lots of irises selling out. Better get 'em fast!

• ruthnc_2006
    16 years ago

Hi all... I just placed an order with Iris Greens and cannot wait to get them. I too noticed they have sold out of a lot of their supply so I will order sooner next year... Can't beat their prices!

Thanks for having the info here for us.

Question: Do any of you have pictures of your Irises displayed here at GardenWeb or other sites? I would love to see your pictures of any/all that you may care to share. I have absolutely fallen in love with irises, especially the pink ones and and the yellows. I wish I knew if my favorite pink ones are the Beverly Sills (I THINK that is what they are), I ordered/planted quite a few irises two years ago and put those metal label thingys in front of them but the info faded away and I don't really know which is which. Some of the shorter dusty/tannish pinks are not favorites of mine as I like true pure tones of pink...I hope the ones I like ARE the Beverly Sills because I just ordered a LOT more of them over at Irish Greens.

I hope some of you that KNOW irises could take a look at my web page and let me know here if you think they ARE the Beverly Sills... Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Some of the pinks (Irises) that I love

• lilaclily
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Those pink ones look like Bev Sills to me.

I do have pics and I'd be happy to share them with you, but I am at work right now so I would have to do it when I get home.

Wait 'til you get your order and see those plump healthy rhizomes!

• ruthnc_2006
    16 years ago

Hi again... Another question if you don't mind...

How does/do the 'bonus' items/thingy work with this nursery? I placed a large order with them (over $120.00, to ME large..) and they sent me email asking what I wanted as a 'bonus' and to "let them know". I went back to their web page but couldn't find any info on HOW to get my bonus items.

How many/much of a bonus are they talking about and are the number of bonus items based on one's size ($ ammount) of order?

Thanks again...

• lilaclily
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi there.

I'm not really sure because they've always just included the bonus without asking me. I've never been disappointed in the bonus though. I would email them back and nicely ask what your choices are. :)

Here are a few pics of some of my irises:

• lilaclily
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay, since I'm here I might as well brag, lol...

• ruthnc_2006
    16 years ago

WOW!!! Those are so pretty!!! Especially the lighter pink ones and the yellows... I am jealous ;-)

Thanks for sharing them...

I'll email Iris Greens and ask about bonus... I would prefer having several older names of irises instead of one of this years $50.00 'intros' but I suppose beggars cannot be choosy...

Thanks

• ruthnc_2006
    16 years ago

Geeze, I'm also jealous of how you guys post pictures right in these postings without having to click on URLs...Bear with me, I'm going to try AGAIN!!

{{gwi:1034322}}

• mamasllamas
    16 years ago

I just put an order in. the prices were great! can someone name this iris? thanks
    {{gwi:1034323}}

Sponsored
Custom Residential Homes & Full Service Renovations