Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rebloom scape coming up on rebloomer

Posted by linlily z5/6PA (westmay2@verizon.net) on
Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 14:54

I was looking at my daylilies today and I have some reblooming irises planted in the same bed. I was shocked to see a rebloom scape coming up on Immortality. Immortality is a reliable rebloomer for me but never in July. The earliest I remember seeing rebloom here is around the second or third week of August, not July.

I also have a couple of mums blooming, and that's not something I've seen at this time of the summer before. We've had awful weather-hot, humid, and dry. We've not had a nice steady rain here since May. The pop up showers miss us to the north and to the south. My DH and I water with a sprinkler and hose about twice a week just to keep things going. Most everything is still doing all right so far. But I'm seeing things happen that I've never seen here before at this time of year! Anyone else have rebloom this early?

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rebloom scape coming up on rebloomer

Dashing rebloomed for me a couple of weeks ago. I don't water my iris, & it was in the midst of a really hot 2 week period, 100 up to 112 every day. I was shocked. Not just 1 bloom stalk either, there were 3, from a 2 year old plant. I never have rebloom on anything til September at the earliest. I had a mum blooming in June, although if I don't keep them cut back they bloom in July anyway. Which is ok, they will rebloom before frost anyway, but they do get a bit shaggy looking.

o

Glad to hear someone's Immortality is happy! :)
No rebloom here as of yet. Just thought that I would drop
in and say hi. When I get some believe you me I will announce it, can't wait! Have a great weekend!

Rena'

o

It's been an odd year all over the country. Jennifer Rebecca is blooming today for me, but it's too hot and it is fried.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here