Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

in ground fanning of ugly brded iris

if i were to dig and share.. you would tell me to fan out the divisions ...

if it were fall.. you would tell me to fan them out [perhaps my term.. you should know what i mean] ... just cut them down to 3 to 6 inches.. and dispose [not compost] all the old leaves... just a full retentive clean up ...

in a perfect world i would have done that last fall or early spring.. lol..

so i didnt .. early hot weather [80's for a week in MI in MARCH] . ... 2 deep 20 degree freezes followed after active growth started .. low production .. [15 large lilacs didnt even bloom this year, e.g.]

marks .. uglies.. dessication.. whatever .. looking diseased.. but i really wonder if it wasnt the freezes [you wouldnt believe the damage i have in the garden on conifers, shrubs.. trees.. etc]

can i just do a fall-like cutting right now.. instead of speculation on all kinds of diseases.. and chemicals.. [oh.. i forgot to mention a week near 106 .. and drought since mid april ... and no.. i dont water mine ...]

will they die??

will they be set back???

actual knowledge is appreciated.. but theory will still be nice .... TIA ...

now.. all that said.. anyone want to bet a shiny penny.. if i will get out there and do it.. since i didnt last fall or early spring.. rotflmbo ...

basically.. the discussion is about AVOIDING the use of chemicals.. i only consider chems .. for borer.. otherwise .. i consider iris to be rather bulletproof.. but mine dont need to be 'look perfect' ...

TIA, again ...

ken

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor