Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dmparmelee

I posted 8 iris in photobucket

dmparmelee
14 years ago

However have no idea to do the referral to there.

Comments (18)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

Ok...below the pic, do you see either HTML or HTML Thumb codes below them.

Copy either one into your message box. Once you do a preview you should see the pic as it will appear in your final post.

Sue

• dmparmelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

href="http://s1003.photobucket.com/albums/af160/DianaParmelee/?action=view&current=51b.jpg"; target="_blank">{{gwi:1034723}}

It's all blurry, did I cause that with my zoom button?

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Congrats. You did it!

Your zoom button didn't cause the blurs.

I pre-edit my pics before I upload them. I have the image from my camera in the computer and I open it in IrfanView (my favorite free program for photo editing --- so much faster than Elements so I use it almost exclusively). I crop the pic, resize it to comfortably fit the monitor, then sharpen as needed or/and darken/lighten and finally save at 85% compression. That usually gives me an image of 100 Kb to 140 Kb. The original pic was about 2300 Kb.

I upload the now small, adjusted pic to Photobucket. I know it will appear in my post exactly as submitted.

But if you upload an as large pic to Photobucket and allow it to downsize your photo, you don't know what your pic is going to look like. Chances are it will be blurred.

I spend about a minute on a picture since I've learned the process. A difficult one may take 3 minutes.

• dmparmelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

http://s1003.photobucket.com/albu
    I am continually surprised at how little I know in order to do something that appears so simple. There is little chance that I'll post enough photos to learn it well enough to have it become simple.

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

I feel your pain, dmparmelee. I'm getting better at it a little at a time.

Oh, come on, I'll let you be my BFF if you post more photos of irises.

Renee

• dmparmelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago
    14 years ago

I've made the link you provided above clickable.

When you want to post a link to the entire album, just copy the URL into the Optional Link URL box and then give it a name as I have in the Name of the Link box.

If you start a new thread though you won't see the boxes until you first type your message and hit Preview.

hth.

I'm sorry, but I can't identify any of them, though they are all lovely. Thanks for sharing. Love the Johnny Jump-ups with the Iris 28.

Does your camera maybe have a setting for close-ups?...like for objects less than 2 feet away? I use that for close-ups and don't zoom. Mine is designated by a flower in the dial setting. (Kodak EasyShare C743)

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: dparmelee album

• dmparmelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I added a few more. I better get it right some time soon. I'm stressing myself out.
    Diana

Here is a link that might be useful: Diana's Iris

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

Hey Diana! You did it!
    I like the red and yellow bi-tone. It looks like you have a beautiful big yard with nice paths.

Sorry I'm not good at ID; especially with the older varieties of iris.

They are all very pretty though.

Renee

• dmparmelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I re-processed all my photos and re-uploaded the better ones and add up to 33 shots. I wondered if you would gander at them and tell me truthfully if they are any better and good enough to use the same processing if I want to upload any others?

Here is a link that might be useful: diana's re-newed iris

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

Hi Diana,
    The new photos are much better, but I can't make them big. They stay the size of thumbnails, and I can't make out the detail to help ID the irises.

I drooled over #27.

Renee

14 years ago

The link you posted today at 15:36 does not work.

Diane, I think you might be processing them down to too small of a size before uploading them to Photobucket.

Try uploading one to photobucket without resizing it, and then try posting the code that says HTML Thumb. That way it will be small in the thread but one should be able to click on it and see it much bigger. Just copy and paste the HTML Thumb code right into the message box...not the Optional Link URL box.

Sue

• dmparmelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Si .. I didn't do it right afterall. I set the size at small, and they say they it's permanent. I have more of each, over several years to do another album with but need to know how big they should be for id purpose.
    27 is not a historic, it's name is Coral Sunset. I got that one trying to match one I used to have, my es through them out before I got them re-planted after a borer attach.(that as 25 years ago and I'm still mad, as it came from my Great Aunt whose only son threw them all out as soon as she died.)

• dmparmelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The last 5 photos are at various sizes from older files, not re-edited to size.

well, so much for getting it right today. I need to give it a rest. Too stressful Try again later.
    Diana
    {{gwi:1034724}}
    {{gwi:1034725}}
    {{gwi:1034726}}

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Diana, when I upload to Photobucket I don't choose any size. I just navigate to where I have stored my picture on my hard drive, open, and skip adding a new name etc. Just return to my photobucket album to copy the html code.

It may be easier to have your prepared pics in a folder on your desktop with the originals stored elsewhere.

Or you may be having a problem with the editing program you are using. I use IrfanView's Display > View Option > Fit window to image. Some programs are not set to display in this 1:1 fashion and what you see is not what you get.

It's worth all the work you're puttin in. Here's what you can do with editing. The sharpening did increase the Kb size of the photo even tho I cropped.

Diana's no id historic

• dmparmelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm not being careful enough with all these codes. (short attention span, and tendencies toward hurrying). I have HP Photosmart Essentials and Adobe Photoshop Elements 7. I know HP a lot better than photoshop. I simply click edit and chose fix lighting and crop and am done. I just tried one is photoshop and it looks no different after working on it and still have no idea of it size.

By the way, since I'm turning a full time job for you, it occured to me that I should either put you into my non-existent will or send you an iris of your choice, if you can get me through all this withing you having a nervous breakdown. THANKS erver so much.

Still doesn't look like what I thought I was doing!!!

http://s1003.photobucket.com/albums/af160/DianaParmelee/iris%20re-do/?action=view¤t=IRIS47HR2A-2.jpg

om/albums/af160/DianaParmelee/iris%20re-do/?action=view¤t=IRIS17CLUSTER1.jpg" target="_blank">{{gwi:1034724}}
    om/albums/af160/DianaParmelee/iris%20re-do/?action=view¤t=IRIS47HR2A.jpg" target="_blank">{{gwi:1034726}}
    {{gwi:1034722}}

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1034722}}

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Gorgeous red poppies!!!

I don't know HP Photosmart. Somewhere there ought to be a dimension setting - ie. 640 pixels by 420 pixels --- numbers like that. This determines the pic's height and width on screen.

As long as you want help, I'm willing :-)

• dmparmelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm a professional 'help needer' and consistantly courious about how things work, but lack follow-through and cruddy with instructions.(you wouldn't want to see my knitting). HP came with the printer and it is easy, but pixals aren't listed as an option when cropping, only the standard photo sizes, 4X8,4X6, wallet, etc. I know the photoshop elements has a pixal setting but that program makes me NUTS. I'll be years figuring out how to successfully use it. Perhaps if I do a search and find out the pixals for the photo sizes ...
    see, another project, the side trips can be the most exhausting parts of the trip and re-inforces my lack of focus problems.
    I'll keep at it. I'm quite surprised and pleased with finding the bonus of a feeling of community that my isolation has left wanting. It is almost as good as long time friendships.
    I posted some daylilies on that forum and some of the things you taught me worked quite well. I'm quite pleased with my progress.One certainty is that it won't be long before I find something else to mess up. See you then, if not before.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County