Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PIX - Strange markings on my bearded iris??

Posted by grandma_gardener_02 z5 PA (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 18:28

I have had a stand of bearded iris for 8-9 years with no trouble. This year we had a spring with heavy rain and little sun. A few days ago, I noticed these markings on a leaf. Have never seen this before. Anyone know what this is? And is it something I should do something about?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PIX - Strange markings on my bearded iris??

Does it rub off?

o

No it does not rub off. I thought of the same thing. The underside has no markings like the top, but it does have a kind of "shadow" in the area where the markings on the top correspond.

And this morning I noticed more of this in in my lilac stand.

o

Hmmm. I don't like that. Fungus seems to be rampant this year all across the country. Bulb lilies getting botrytis, roses balling, I even got mildew on a nandina! How can that happen? My guess is some sort of fungus, but gee, I've never seen anything that looks like that before. I hope it disappears right away.
Renee

o

The leaf doesn't look at all yellowed, which one might expect with some sort of fungal ick. A little further into dormant season, you might want to dig up the clump and take a look at your rhizomes.

Kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here