Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Placing orders?

Posted by onederw 10 SSZ 21 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 9, 13 at 22:37

Anyone starting to think about new orders?

I'm looking at Noble Gesture and Spendthrift from Keppel, Bowled Over, Loopty Loo and Paul Black from Napa, and Secret Weekend from Snowpeak. . . and then there's a whole bunch of other stuff I'd order if I had more square feet and didn't have a mortgage payment. . . . .

Kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Placing orders?

I ordered more than I want already this year, and I don't have spots for them. I will have to start getting rid of things. Victoria Falls is going, Rhinelander already went, and I'm thinking about getting rid of Venetian Queen and Lady Friend. I like these irises, but I'm trying for a more unified look in the garden, and I have some great rebloomers that really perform, so why not have bigger displays of a few rather than small displays of many? So I think that's where I'm headed.

o

I also have Paul Black on order.. and some that Hosenemesis is getting rid of. Got orders in w/ Schreiner's, Superstition & Bluebird haven. I'm adding many historics, and I also don't know where most of them will be going.. but that's never stopped me. I've decided to re-purpose one of the vegetable beds into an iris test garden. And there's always containers to grace the "nursery" part of my garden. Oh, also have an order in with the HIPS sale.

o

Hahahaha- Sherry- I did the same thing! The irises took over my veggie garden. Mikey calls it "the proving grounds."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here