Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iris Newbie; wanted:

Posted by helianthuslunaria 7b (helianthuslunaria@gmail.com) on
Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 0:17

I'm a total newbie, but love irises. Was raised with plain purple ones outside of my bedroom window. I'm looking for something fragrant, deep dark blue colors, plicata like orinoco flow, super ruffly fluffy, or contrast with light or yellow standards and dark falls. Heck anything I want to start an iris garden. I don't have any to trade but will do postage if anyone feels like sharing =)

Amanda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iris Newbie; wanted:

It might be late in the year to start iris rhizomes. Some places have potted bearded iris plants for sale in the early Spring. I have moved bearded iris this late in the year, but not planted bare rhizomes. If you have someone local who will dig up some clumps without much root disturbance, that might help.

o

I cannot dig right now but come July I should be starting to dig and thin some more of mine. I can put you on my contact list for Iris then if you like! LMK

This post was edited by aquawise on Thu, Dec 5, 13 at 21:33

o

if i were in this position...

i would be searching seller websites... for grab bag type specials ...

i am sure un-named would be cheaper ...

but i would probably pay a bit more.. if names were included ..

i got most of mine.. from simply knocking on doors and asking.. when i saw a nice clump in the neighborhood ...

and i made sure... i toured gardens of friends.. at iris time ... anyone.. who has a clump of any size .. will usually be willing to yank one out ...

also.. when trading with someone.. for whatever plant.. i always asked.. do you have any iris???

just some other ideas for you ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here