Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
color picture plan for new iris bed

Posted by iris_gal z9 CA (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 29, 07 at 3:28

New iris - hooray. Here's how I plan their planting.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: color picture plan for new iris bed

• Posted by anneow Z9 sunset16 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 29, 07 at 12:18

That's a really good way to plan, by arranging the pictures! I usually try to group pastels together and separate from the brilliant and saturated colors. Is that Rococo in the second row and second from the left? Very pretty collection.

o

Good eye Ann. That is Rococo.

I also prefer pastels together. Can you tell my favorite colors are lav. & pink :-)

Shall see if the shaded red-maroon MARTEL lives up to the rave I read on Iris-photo. And some spot in the garden surely needs the strong violet-purple LOYALIST.

o

Could you list the names in order of rows?

o

Sure. Back row (top row) left to right:
Cabot Cove, Martel, Pink Taffeta, Loyalist, Rapture In Blue, Kentucky Woman

Front row (2nd row) left to right:
Lace Artistry, Rococo, Crystal Ring, Purple Pepper, Eggnog, Handshake

Leftovers below:
Uncle Charlie (I hear this one skips a year on bloom), Tropical Fruit, Coral Point, Tempting Fate (had a hard time capturing this - the falls are so deep)

o

Really love your idea. It shows how the colors will look next to each other when they bloom. Can't wait until next year to see your pictures of them!

Shadow

o

Thanks Robin. My space was not long enuf to accomodate so a bit of readjustment. This was the easiest planting ever. No hemming and hawing over placement.

I took a photo after and inserted names. I think I will like this idea (see link)

Here is a link that might be useful: newly planted with names

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here