Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Luminatas--Special Care?

Posted by onederw 10 SSZ 21 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 17, 12 at 8:44

Just received Moonlit Water from Schreiner's. It's now cooling its heels, er, roots, in a pot till this blistering heat wave finally passes. Meanwhile, however, I've seen several postings on the board suggesting that luminatas can be tricky--but I have yet to discover why they're temperamental or what their special care requirements might be. Any and all advice would be welcome.

Thanks,
Kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Luminatas--Special Care?

• Posted by chadinlg zone 9%3B Sunset 15 (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 17, 12 at 12:36

generally, heavily inbred iris are weaker growers, so it's not limited to the luminata pattern. Some grow just fine, though they may be smaller plants. Of all that I have grown - the ones which have stuck around are New Leaf, Fancy Dress, Athens and Lip Service.

Chad

o

I have not had trouble with Telepathy, Daughter of Stars, or New Leaf. Those are the only ones I have, and all have done well.
Renee

o

Thanks Chad, thanks Renee! Love New Leaf that both of you have! I think Moonlit Water should do well, provided I don't indulge in my worst habit--moving them too often. Meanwhile, however, I'm also saving my pennies for Spendthrift--hopefully it will be cheaper (a little) next year than this year!

Kay

Here is a link that might be useful: Spendthrift

o

Oh goodness. That one will make a statement! I think Moonlit Water will do fine for you.
Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here