Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'iris database?

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 08 at 9:34

I just started getting into irises. I've got 6 tall bearded now and just bought one called 'Morning Snow'. The tag on the pot said it was red and white. I did find a write up about it and it said the plant was red and yellow. I would still like to find a picture of it or perhaps hear from someone wo has it. If anyone has it, how does it perform for you? Is there an Iris database out there? Thanks. Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'iris database?

Hi Marg,

Yes, there is an iris database of registered varieties. You can find it at http://www.irisregister.com

Unfortunately, there is a fee if you want to use the search engine. Only the 1959, 1969, 1979, 1989 and 1999 checklists are free, but they are rather large files.

I'm also sorry to inform you, but there is no iris registered with the name Morning Snow. There is a Morning SHOW, but it's a red self and an intermediate bearded.

Good luck,
Carlos

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 11, 08 at 14:24

Thanks for the info Carlos. That is confusing because the botanical garden up here has it listed as red with yellow. They have it in their annual sale. Marg

o

Marg ~~
Because of its name (......... Snow) I will guess the "yellow" fades to white rapidly.

There is yellow and YELLOW. Pale yellows can fade to white.

o

But again, there is no such Iris registered with Morning Snow, which means that the Iris does not exist with that name. For now, you have an unknown Iris.

Carlos

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here