Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ordering iris plants

Posted by bam0007 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 19, 09 at 9:37

Has anyone ordered irises from Zydeco Iris in Louisiana? I came across their website and would like to order, but would like to hear anyone's experience with them before I do so. Also, what should I look for in the description when deciding which ones I want?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ordering iris plants

I hope this link takes you to the Z page of Dave's Garden user reviews of mail order companies. Only one rating for Zydeco and it's positive.

As to what you should look for ............ who can tell? What do you want? Ruffles, bicolors, late blooming, vy hardy for hard winter states, etc.

I particularly like checking Blue J's online catalog for award info. A beginner won't go wrong if they like the color/form and it won an AM (award of merit). Be aware many online photos are NOT taken with the latest digitals. SNOWPEAK is much better at realistic color. And her descriptions are the best I've read.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/vbl/z/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here