Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just got my Blue J Iris order and would you plant here?

Posted by kentstar 5b NE Ohio (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 14, 09 at 11:14

The site is on the north side of my house, facing south-west. I need to cover up this ugly looking shrub. But, the area gets sun from about 1 pm till dusk. Or, what would you do with this site? My park manager won't let us pull out the shrub either. It was not treated right (obviously) by the previous tenants, and almost cut down to nothing on one side.

I have 8 TB iris: 2 orange celebrity, 2 orange fire, and 4 blue cheer.

Hedge planting space

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just got my Blue J Iris order and would you plant here?

The exposure sounds fine.

When you dig your bed remember beardeds like to travel so don't point the rhizomes towards the shrub :-)

o

I think I would plant something that climps up that shrub .If it takes over the shrub then mayby they will let you cut it down. The iris won,t get tall enough to cover it. I would plant them to either side instead. If you offered to replace the shrub with another just like it would they go for that?

o

I decided to plant sweet autumn clematis at that end. That'll cover it! lol
My iris I have planted elsewhere now, in a much better place.
Thanks all,
kentstar

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here