Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'cemetery Iris'

Posted by bkay2000 8a TX (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 13, 10 at 13:52

Hi,

This is my first post to the iris forum.

I have a ton of what we call "cemetery iris". They are white, short and bloom very early. I also have a ton of a similar one that's taller and blooms a couple of weeks later.

What can you do with iris you have too many of?

bkay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'cemetery Iris'

They have really nice barter value. Post an ad on Craigslist that you will trade them for other plants.

o

i looked and you don't have a trade list set up here yet. I have a ton of historic light purple fragrant iris that i would love to trade a box full with you of the taller white ones, email me holly

o

If you would consider your white iris for postage i would love a large box of them. let me know. yellowrose10

o

As soon as it cools off, I'll pull them up. I have a ton of other "gifts" that need a place.

Thanks,

Bkay

o

I will be delighted to give a home to whatever you no longer want. let me know. thanks

o

These are just plain old "cemetery iris", or at least that's what we call them in Texas. They're the ones that you can't kill. Once established, they just keep on keeping on. BUT, they are small and plain. They bloom with the first daffodils or shortly after.

How does "for postage" generally work?

bkay

o

Hi,

I would love a box for postage.

Sue

o

Me too! If ya want to trade, I have dark purple short ones...or for postage? :0)

o

when will the iris be ready for sending?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here