Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

Stanton Iris very generous

hosenemesis
13 years ago

Hi all,

I just got my first order from Stanton Iris, and boy, am I happy. Most of the rhizomes are the size of the ones from Schreiner's, and if they were a bit smaller they sent several. They sent me a CLUMP of Queen's Circle.

I order very small quantities of cheap irises, so I generally do not expect this kind of royal treatment. I highly recommend this grower. They have a very nice web page with photos big enough for someone my age to see. Check it out.

Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: Stanton Iris Gardens

Comments (4)

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

That is great to hear. I have seen the web page and gone thru looking at the pictures of their listings. But I have ordered so many this year that I will have to try them next year.

Anything that compairs to the size of what Schreiners sends has to be fabulous. I really will have to order for next year.

Do tell us what you got. I remember some discussion of Queen's Circle on a thread somewhere but thats all I can recall. And I cetainly have never gotten a clump of iris for the price of one LOL!

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I got Queen's Circle, Telepathy, New Perspective (a flattie) and Kiss of Kisses for my mom's garden. I'm reintroducing blues and purples into one of my beds.

Yeah, Rita, I was pretty surprised when I pulled out five rhizomes ( attached to 1 mother rhizome) of Queen's Circle!

I'm still waiting on Rose Teall, Ringo, Double Agent, and Mulberry Echo from The Iris Farm. I might add a few to that order- Walking on Air, Bayberry Candle, and Classic Look, if it hasn't been mailed yet.

Renee

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

I will have to try them out next year. I just can't immagine getting a big mother rhizome with bunches of attached babies. I never heard of anyone shipping so many.

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

I love their site pictures.

I look forward to seeing your pics of New Perspective and Rose Teall. I love Gypsy Woman but Kiss of Kisses looks like it has more oomph. Nice choices.

Oh, and Double Agent looks fantastic with a purple.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting