Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Catalog surfing no longer enough- must see live irises

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 6, 09 at 16:46

Hi iris lovers,

I must see live irises this spring.

I don't take vacations in the spring. Who would leave their garden at its peak? I don't take vacations at all, usually, to tell the truth.

But the irises are calling me this year. I'm at the end of the semester from mid-April to early May, but I might be able to escape for a few days on a weekend, or alternatively, I can probably get out of dodge on May 13 for a week when finals are over.

I'm in Southern California. Considering the schedule, which Iris Gardens would you visit? I can make it up to Oregon in mid-May, or take a weekend trip to Napa in California during peak bloom.

Any must-see gardens? Any must-do side trips?

Thank you for your ideas,
Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Catalog surfing no longer enough- must see live irises

Snowpeak, Mid America, Keith Keppels, Schreiners and Cooleys then just across the border into WA is Aitkens

Enjoy

o

Goodness, you do have the iris addiction bad.

Next week I'll be stopping by an iris farm (which sells a ton of other goodies too) and hope to maybe see a rebloomer or 2 in bloom. Rebloomers are a new passion of mine. The farm only lists them as rebloomers if they have reliably rebloomed for them since all rebloomers don't rebloom in all zones/areas.

Have fun!

Sue

o

Thanks Sue. Please let us know which rebloomers are going and what they look like. I bought all rebloomers this year. Have you grown any yet?
Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here