Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aquaeyes_gw

Need suggestions for fragrant rebloomers

AquaEyes 7a NJ
10 years ago

I'm slowly building a garden here in NJ. My "bones" are roses, mostly OGRs and some Austins. The next layer I want between some of them are irises -- bearded, Siberian and Japanese. The number of varieties is daunting so I want to severely cut the options down to fragrant rebloomers (bearded), or just repeaters (I heard there are some Siberians...are there also some Japanese?).

The roses are mostly shades of white, pink, purplish-red and dark-red, with a little soft yellow, apricot and peach. I'm looking for irises in shades of blue, purple, white and soft yellow shades in that order of preference -- no pink (have plenty of that already in roses), no orange. Flowers can be solid or any pattern. Height doesn't matter -- I can find spots for dwarf through tall.

I've started compiling a list of possibilities (fragrant reblooming bearded iris) by looking at Nola's Iris Gardens' website. I searched through their reblooming iris and jotted down those mentioned as being fragrant, then searched through their fragrant iris and jotted down those mentioned as reblooming (in case I missed any).

I then started looking at other iris nurseries (found via www.gardenlist.com) for more options, but I noticed that some don't make mention of fragrance among their rebloomers. So, I'm asking this forum -- what are your suggestions for fragrant reblooming bearded iris? Which Siberian and Japanese iris are known for blooming again? If there are no reblooming Japanese iris, I'll still likely make room for one or two somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

:-)

~Christopher

Comments (6)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor