Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Help Identify Iris

Posted by scott852 IL (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 18, 09 at 22:15

I have had much success growing this Iris but I dont know its name. A few years ago I was at a local nursery and a kind lady asked me if I wanted some Iris's. I gladly accepted without knowing what an iris was, as she told me they were digging them out at some local church and going to throw them out. I left them hanging in a bag in my garage till fall and planted them, too late I know...but they all came up but no flowers. Now, after a few years of proper care they I have hundreds of flowers when they are in bloom. They also have a strong sweet sent when they are in bloom. I really have fallen in love with Iris's since. Any help on a name would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Scott
IMG_5566

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Help Identify Iris

Hi Scott,
That's a lovely historic iris. My first iris is similar, my grandfather grew it here, and it also smells heavenly.

It may not be possible for anyone to ID it for you, since there are so many of that particular color and shape.
I have not been able to identify mine.

Thanks for posting the photo, it looks like spring.
Renee

o
RE: Please Help Identify Iris

best thing to do is go on the HIPS site and check out the pictures and DESCRIPTIONS this might help

D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here