Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
iris crazy

Posted by msmisk NTX8 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 12, 09 at 16:53

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: iris crazy

stunning I hope you have lots of room when for when the iris start producing on you. I have several acres and I,m always trying to find more space for the iris.

o

madeyna, I have 3 big beds that I'm going to fill up first. Looking around today, I see lots of spots where I can stick them. And we're on 5 acres, so if I have to, the grass will go !!

Carol

o

Your orchid-lavender is a beauty!

Most beardeds bloom before most roses here, but that is still my favorite combination. Did you take pictures on the tour? Would love to see them.

o

I love that golden and white one with the orange beard.
Do you have any other photos? I'm a sucker for iris photos.

I just planted Looky Loo, Phoebe's Frolic, and Mexican Holiday next to a Henry Fonda rose with two clumps of Southern Patriot daylily. A few white vincas and some cosmos "Bright Lights" and it should look pretty all year.

I'm still looking for a good spot for Spin-Off, which I had to dig out to make room for the burgundy and gold flowers.

I'm thinking about more roses too...
Renee

o

I'm thinking about less roses because they are too hard to interplant with unless you choose just the right varieties and they work in your zone. Plus the Jap beetles have soured me on roses so I'm only keeping a few.

That apricot iris is beautiful, other one is, too, actually. I've seen some like that but there are so many now that are similar. Still someone may know what they are.

o

The lady at the nursery said a customer brought her a big load of divisions from her extensive collection, and she potted them up to sell, but had no idea what the names were.

I know what you mean about the roses. Some of mine do well with very little care, and others struggle no matter what I do. I have 5 roses right now that aren't looking good, and they are going away. And all of a sudden my rabbits are pillaging a different spot every night. They don't seem to eat the rose leaves, they just leave them in a pile on the ground. I'm not going to have much left if they keep this up.

o

Your first NoID might be CHAMPAGNE WALTZ.

Good luck,
Carlos
Brighton Park Iris
http://www.brightonparkiris.com/

o

Thanks, Carlos. It sure looks alot like it, doesn't it ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here