Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Received Exline Iris Order - Thanks To All Of You

Posted by dementieva Zone 9 - Houston (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 19:50

Howdy, folks. Some of you know me from the Daylily forum, but I've never posted in Irises before.

I learned with daylilies that the best way to learn what is a good performer is to combine reading popularity polls and learning from other people's personal experiences. So this year when I was looking to buy a few irises, I gave this forum a lot of input in what I ended up buying.

Anyway, I ordered from Jim Exline because of generally good reviews, late order cutoff date (end of August), good prices, and the very large variety available. He turned out to be excellent with communicating as we figured out what would be the best time to ship.

Here is what I received today in the mail:

Photobucket

Ok, so I didn't receive the box knife. But the rest of them are:

TOTAL RECALL
SEA POWER (plus a bonus fan)
VANITY
EVERYTHING PLUS
DUSKY CHALLENGER
VICTORIA FALLS (bonus)
SURF AND SAND (bonus)
BLUE SAPPHIRE (bonus)

Anyhow, I'm posting here to thank everyone for their honest recommendations and to give a big thumbs up to Exline Iris Garden.

Nate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Received Exline Iris Order - Thanks To All Of You

Nice rhizomes, and a lot of bonus irises. You bought some classic irises, and I think you will be very happy with them. I love Total Recall. I also have Victoria Falls, which is a nice medium blue and reblooms. I saw a photo of Surf and Sand the other day and it looks like a real beauty.
Renee

o

I haven't found any information about SURF AND SAND aside from what it looks like. The other bonuses seem to be well known. Mostly I wanted some tried and true high quality cultivars that would eventually grow into the garden. From what I've seen on seller websites, older irises seem to stick around a lot longer than older daylilies.

Nate

o

This hybridizer is new to me.

SURF AND SAND - Frederick Held 1998

Here is a link that might be useful: http://iris.onrussell.com/registry.asp

o

I may have seen s and s as a macro on Facebook. I'll try to find it.

o

Hi Nate, I grow all but the last 2 on your list here in Canadian zone 3a and they have all been good performers. I don't get a rebloom on any of my irises so can't comment on that. Welcome to the iris addiction! :)

Ginny Garden ~ Certified Iris Addict

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here