Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First order of Iris arrived

Posted by Karolina11 6b Central PA (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 20:37

I got to plant my first Iris today!
Ordered from Schreiners a few days ago and received them today!

I got:
Adoregon
Balancing Act
Best Bet
Blackberry Tease
Dancing in Pink
Devonshire Cream
Good Vibrations
Harvest of Memories
In Living Color
Magical Glow
Mastery
Matt McNames
Role Model
So Fine
Social Graces
Stellar Lights
Swingtown
Change in the Weather

Looking forward to the blooms next year!
Are there any other Iris sellers I should check out? I'm getting addicted.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First order of Iris arrived

I've read good things about Sutton's Iris Garden, although I have not ordered from them. I believe they are in the midst of moving so they are not taking orders until next year,but there's lots of eye candy on their website!

Enjoy your irises. I'm sure they'll put on a good show for you. I bought Swington for my sister and wish I had bought one for myself too!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sutton's Iris Garden

o

Lots of great irises on that list, karolina. I love the smooth colors on Role Model, and Swingtown is a great grower.

There are a lot of growers- here is a list compiled by Carlos of Brighton Park Irises that I really like for its descriptions.

The American Iris Society also has a commercial directory- if you go to their page at http://www.irises.org/Resources/Commercial_Ref.html

Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: Commercial Directory

o

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 15:10

Hi Karolina. I notice that you live in PA. I too live in PA. We can do an exchange of iris in any year that you are ready. Iris can multiply really quickly so this way you and I can save money and we can use this extra fund to buy plants that we do not have. if you are interested, please email me and I will provide you with a list of what I have. Karen

o

I have several you got, & you did good :) I got Stellar Lights a couple of years ago, a big sturdy iris that multiplies fast, lovely flower. Harvest of Memories is a great one, I've had it for years & it multiplies fast, almost weedlike. Usually reblooms here in my garden.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here