Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beverlyr_gw

photo of 'Corsage'?

beverlyr
13 years ago

Does anyone have a photo of the 'Corsage' tall bearded iris? I was given a rhizome as a gift and I'd like to see the bloom before I decide where to plant it.

Thanks!

Comments (12)

• aquawise
    13 years ago

It is a old Hairloom white. I have a pic in my gallery along said of an old Purple "Leota" Pic # DSCF0020. The only pic of a Purple and White Iris together. Click on the pic~~ it will enlarge~ click on the i and it will rotate and ID the pic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gallery

• jeanrichter
    13 years ago

Corsage shouldn't be pure white - it's white with irregular splashes of yellow (no two flowers are alike). A very cool-looking iris! There are a few pictures on the HIPS web site - http://www.hips-roots.com - though I don't know if they're available to non-members.

Here is a link that might be useful: HIPS web site

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

There are several pics also at Daves. An excellent resource for iris pictures. We are no longer able to link to it at this forum.

Goodgle :
    iris "corsage"

and it should be the 2nd or 3rd link

• aquawise
    13 years ago

Mine are not pure white they have yellow patches. The one in the pic is are getting old and the yellow color is faded some. I got them from a Iris Grower and was told they yellow would fade with age. They are reliable and very Elegant.

• aquawise
    13 years ago

They do not list Corsage at all on the HIPS web site. I love mine. The falls are pale yellow mixed with the white. I have an Endangered one called "Escondido" It to is Elegant. I have one called "Kochii" it is a Historic one from Italy. I have another odd one called "Ewe'll Dew". The other one in the pic with "Corsage" is "Leota".

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

You know, about once every two weeks I see a historic iris that has some trait that I thought was a recent development. Broken pattern color, for instance. When will I ever learn?
    Renee

• aquawise
    13 years ago

Mine are all pretty plain stuff. Sure nothing spectacular like the new stuff. I have the Pallida iris as well, plain old pale lavender.I have seen some Historic's that are pretty colorful. Brighton park iris has quit a showing.
    purple
    Lavender
    white/off white
    bronze
    No ruffles, no frills just Stand and Falls of the Self types. Worked with a Historic Iris person to ID the ones that I have. My Home was built in 1888 and some have been here nearly that long. History has it the first owner was a midwife and took barter as payment. She loved Iris and was given many in payment for her services. It was Quit a job cleaning out the mess and separating the few live plants that were showing signs of green.. I just rescued some from an old House that is to be torn down, Wont know what they are till they bloom. The purple Kochii can from an Italian Lady whoe's mother brought them here with her. I have one cemetery Iris left, I sent the others off to a historic Iris garden, Along with starts from all of the others I have named here. So far none have proven to be miss named. I love most all Iris, I have a good start of Spuria Iris and will try to find new colors of that one to.

• bigred
    13 years ago

I have a good picture of "Corsage"in my DG Iris Journel. I believe you can access DG Journels w/o being amember. Same screen name as here if you care to go look.

P

• sylviatexas1
    13 years ago

Here's a link to this neat-looking iris.

Here is a link that might be useful: Corsage on Argyle Acres site

• aquawise
    13 years ago

The yellow on mine was never that vivid, WOW! I like. Mine are more of a pale yellow that faded as the flower aged, broken ans splashed but not that beautiful Vivid Yellow. Maybe the grower I got them from was wrong in his naming them. They look like that just paler color.

• sylviatexas1
    13 years ago

It seems like every iris looks different in every photo;
    the quality of light, time of day, age of the bloom, quirks of the camera, etc...

If you'll look at the foliage & background in the photo, it looks like there's a lot of blue in it, so the colors on the image might not be exact.

but still...
    a neat looking iris!

• aquawise
    13 years ago

So true! With the new Photo shops the colors can be altered as well. I still love it pale or not.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!