Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngoye

Newbie - to the site and to Irises!

NGOYE
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the regulars here.

I have spent a while reading through some of the posts and am so glad I found this site ... I am going to need all the help I can get and from the look of things this is where I will find tons of help!

My partner and I are taking over a small Iris nursery in South Africa. His mother used to run it and had built up quite a large collection of irises over the years. unfortunatley her health has meant she cannot carry on. My partner and I have decided to try and tidy things up and get the business going again.

Neither of us have any agricultural or gardening background but are going to relish the challenge ahead! The plan is to spend the next couple of years lifting, arranging, identifying the irises that are in the field. Mostly Bearded Irises but with some Louisianas, Siberica, Neomarica, Japanese, Japonica, English Flag and indigenous Dietes dotted around the grounds!

We have some pictures and names for some but may need help from time to time with IDs.

I honestly didn't realise there was soooo many different irises out there and that there are people out there as knowledgeable as people on this site!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro