Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aveo5

I Found My Southern Iris !!!!

aveo5
13 years ago

I found out that I have a 'Neomarica Caerulia Regina'. I found it listed in a file I had that I totally forgot about. It had a list of plants that I buy online. Well I know the iris I have,....but I dont know the type of iris I have. A walking iris, a woodland iris, a Louisiana iris? What kind,. I have Louisiana iris stuck in my mind. The bloom is nearly as big as the bearded iris from up north, unlike the tiny walking iris'.

I cant find details on how to grow it. Some say it is suppose to be in shade, or a bog, or a water garden. Yet I have it in the sun, dryish soil, and fairly rootbound. Can anyone tell me how to grow this iris and if it is a Louisiana iris, or what type it is?

Is it suppose to put out plantlets like a walking iris? Or is it a fluke? do I leave it on the stem till I see roots? IF roots ever show up? Do I cut it off now and just stick it in soil and it will root? I solved half the mystery...now I need the other half solved, how to care for it and is it a 'walking iris', or do I have a fluke of nature?

Comments (4)

Sponsored