Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FYI - Great Rebloom in Zone 6 Ozarks

Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 15, 09 at 9:41

This year of cooler than norm and wetter than usual weather, Immortality, Suky and Dashing bloomed longer and better than in the regular blooming period.Suky:
From Fall 2009
and Dashing:
From Fall 2009

From Fall 2009

Click for larger pics.

glenda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FYI - Great Rebloom in Zone 6 Ozarks

I really like that "headlight" on Suky. It's eyecatching.
Renee

o

WOW I have never had any luck with TB iris reblooming and I do have a few. So far the only rebloomer here has been Forever blue SDB.

That first one is a real beauty!!!

Sierra

o

Very pretty!

o

• Posted by bari26 6 (Cape Cod) (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 19, 09 at 8:19

I have never had any luck with rebloomers... This year, not a single rebloom (well, no, Lacy Snowflake bloomed in the fall, but didn't bloom in the spring [I'd just planted it last Nov., so can't complain about that])... I've had Suky's husband, Clarence, in the past, in Virginia, but it never rebloomed.... never really much bloomed at all. But, this fall, I broke down and bought another Clarence at a garden shop on the Cape to see if it will do any better up here than it did for me down in VA (although the real Clarence and Suky are in Virginia, so it must work for them....). Now, I do have numerous rebloom stalks trying to come up on Crimson King which a member here traded to me... I think they are totally confused and think they are still in Texas, but they will soon be nipped in the bud, and I only hope they are not totally destroyed by the shock of the different weather....

o

@gldno1

what do you do (if anything) to help promote rebloom?

o

I water.

Chere

o

Move to California.
Renee

o

Thanks for the advice hosenemesis, guess I'll stick to lurking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here