Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is Drama queen fertile?

Posted by anjap Germany (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 07 at 0:52

Hello,
Drama queen is one of my favourite irises and I would like to hybridize it with my other favourite irises. Can somebody please tell me if it is fertile? Does it act like a plicata in breeding?
Happy christmas to everybody from Germany
Anja

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is Drama queen fertile?

You could probably direct that question to Keith Keppel himself.
plicataman@earthlink.com

o

Drama Queen and Dark Drama are listed as siblings in the Iris Registry. No other progeny is listed.

I have had both since introduction, and neither has bloomed so I cannot attest to their fertility. I am giving them one more season in my garden.

Walter Moores

o

I don't think it is because when I was making crosses I never did get anything from Drama Queen.

Steve in Santee,Ca
Formerly Steve_in_Ramona

o

Anja,

I know Drama Queen is fertile both ways, here are some seedlings I have seen at the Keppel garden. I have seedlings that should bloom from it this next spring as well.

00-91A (Tangled Web X Drama Queen)

02-21 (Drama Queen x Whispering Spirits)

02-81A (98-204Q X Drama Queen)

I also know that Dark Drama is pollen fertile as I saw an IB seedling from it this October in Barry Blyth's garden. They are both plicatas. Good luck with your crosses Anja!

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

o

• Posted by anjap Germany (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 23, 07 at 2:47

Robin,
these seedlings are gorgeous. I especially like 02-81A and I would love to see pictures of your own seedlings next spring.
Anja

o

Wow, gorgeous seedlings!

Rena'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here