Return to the Iris Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Luminatas on the AIS blog today

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 22:33

Hi all,
I put up some luminata photos on the AIS blog today. If you like them, click on the link to see some photos by the fabulous Margie Valenzuela.
Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: AIS World of Irises Blog- Luminatas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Luminatas on the AIS blog today

Oooh, Renee! Luminatas!!
New Leaf strikes me as one of those color combos that you maybe think doesn't play well with others, only to find that it goes with absolutely everything. Daughter of Stars was an "almost" for me, but instead I got three new Moonlit Water (Keppel) from Schreiner's. They are keeping company with a Gruss an Aachen rose, and some apricotty/peachy blends--Photogenic, Florentine Silk, Parisian Dawn. (I think Afternoon in Rio is in there somewhere, too. I was severely running out of room.) Photogenic is huge and vigorous. Flo Silk and Parisian Dawn are on the puny side, and may or may not bloom this year. (They were smaller rhizomes to begin with, and I think the squirrels have been busy excavating around the roots, burying acorns, and keeping them from really getting established.)
Bulletins as needed. Film at 11.
Kay

o

Gruss an Aachen is one of my favorites. I'm off to look up Photogenic.

New Leaf is difficult- I keep moving the poor thing. This year it's off in the shade, waiting for a new spot. The standards are a glowing pink and tan, so it does not look quite right with some fully saturated colors.

Renee

o

New Leaf bloomed Renee! I couldn't take a picture as it was practically leaning on the ground. (dog ?)

I loved its color in the garden - shall try to get a shot this spring. Thank you.

o
RE: Valenzuela

"Grand Canyon" is one of Margie's intros I'd like. She is amazing.

o

I love Grand Canyon! I have Desert Legacy and Prismatic Crown in the ground. Desert Legacy bloomed already- and it was only in the ground for a couple of months. Margie has some gold seedlings with white marks that are really pretty too- I hope some of them pan out.
Renee

o

Good for you and New Leaf, irisgal! I love that iris.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Iris Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here