Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikawa

Photographs of my japanese garden

Mikawa
18 years ago

Here are some pics of my japanese garden. The garden isn't ready. I will made in the next weeks/months a Kosikake-Machiai and some other things. Hope you like it.

Pond with turtle island

Turtle island with pines now at night

Dry stream to the pond

Maples in fall colour

This garden house I will build up as a japanese teahouse

Some of my koi in the pond

Comments (10)

• Herb
    18 years ago

Mikawa - your link didn't work because there were spaces ar the beginnings and ends.

I think this will work -

Pond with turtle island
    {{gwi:1005716}}

Turtle island with pines now at night
    {{gwi:1005717}}

Dry stream to the pond
    {{gwi:1005718}}

Maples in fall colour
    {{gwi:1005719}}

This garden house MikawaI will build up as a japanese teahouse
    {{gwi:1005720}}

Some of Mikawa's koi in the pond
    {{gwi:1005721}}

{{gwi:1005722}}

{{gwi:1005724}}

• Jando_1
    18 years ago

Mikawa your garden is wonderful, how long have you been working on it? It looks very established. The ground cover around your maple looks like it has been there for years and years. What is it, can't tell from photo. The patina of the wood on your garden house is beautiful. It looks like it has some age and was built to last a long time. I also like the placement of the pines on the island. And lastly your koi are really great, is the one coming to the surface smiling???? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Herb for fixing the photos for all of us to enjoy.

Cheers Jando

• tuanh
    18 years ago

i am very impress!

• smithjm
    18 years ago

very beutiful, breathtaking.

• Mikawa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for your help Herb. It's very nice to see the photos now.

Also many thanks to Jando, tuanh and smithjm for your nice comments.

@ Jando: I've been working on the garden for 7 years now. The plants are established in this time, but I work on them again and again for a good style.
    The ground cover around the maple is haircap moss (Sugigoke / Polytrichum commune) and the pines on the turtle island must develop still a little more in the next time. I have many pines like the japanese white pine (Goyomatsu / Pinus pentaphylla), japanese black pine (Kuromatsu / Pinus thunbergii), japanese red pine (Akamatsu / Pinus densiflora) and some other species. But I love also the maples. They are so nice in fall colour.
    I don't know if the koi coming to the surface is smiling. This koi variety is an Asagi. A very wild one, but like the other koi he is trained to eat from hand. They might even tolerate having their backs rubbed.

I try to create an authentic japanese garden without kitsch. I have seen many japan gardens with unnatural elements and I decided to hold myself to the real original japanese gardens.

I have just finished my work to the Kosikake-Machiai and if you like it, I will show some photos in the future.

Thanks again for comments, Mikawa.

• smithjm
    18 years ago

I would lowe to see more photos.

• MrNorth4
    18 years ago

yokatta!!

anata no niwa wa totemo utsukushii desu

anata wa nihon jin desuka. joozu desu yo

Im just expressing how skillful I think you are!! And the water in your pond is really clear!!! Nice work

matane
    Henrik

• Mikawa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

arigatou, Henrik. wakatte, yokatta desu.

It's very nice Henrik. For clear water I use a pond filter.
    The filter is hidden under the new Kosikake-Machiai.
    Do you have also nishikigoi?

matane
    Mikawa

• Pat z6 MI
    18 years ago

I think I just found a little piece of "heaven" with this Forum.
    Thank you!
    Pat

• Mikawa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Pond with turtle island
    {{gwi:1005726}}