Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rgbou

Your garden photographs?

rgbou
19 years ago

Jando_1, yama, Herb, ScottReil_GD, LouisWilliam, didgeridoo, edzard, INKognito, and all other contributors to this forum. I would be most honored and appreciative if you could post photographs of your gardens. I would love to see how your teachings are put into practice.

My (dare I say, "Japanese inspired") gardens can be found by visiting my home page at: http://community.webshots.com/user/rgbou.

Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: my gardens

Comments (15)

• Herb
    19 years ago

Some of my stuff's at Pbase -

Click here

• LouisWilliam
    19 years ago

Very nice garden rg and great plant photography. If I can remember my photobucket password I will post a link of some random shots. I am more of a builder than photographer, so don't expect much.

• rgbou
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Very nice garden Herb, Great shots, I very much enjoyed viewing them, thanks!

And thank you LW, youÂre too generous, itÂs amazing what you can do with an antiquated 2.1 mega pixel camera, and a shaky hand, looking forward to seeing your garden!

• LouisWilliam
    19 years ago

Here's one I have available - taken earlier this summer.

• Herb
    19 years ago

LW - That's a fine picture. Did you select & place the 'island' rock? If you did, congratulations. It's so lifelike. It looks for all the world like a seal or a turtle!

• LouisWilliam
    19 years ago

thanks Herb - yes, I found it about 100 yds away (and about 50 ft lower) and decided to relocate it to the pond. The moss was already on the back and the face was covered in lichen so all I did was move it..slowly. I am aware of the mythology and symbolism of turtle islands, but I really did it just because I loved the rock. Here is the other island in the pond - also a lichen covered piece of granite, but this one was much harder to place. It is sitting on another rock that is about the size of a small car to get the height just right.

• Jando_1
    19 years ago

I take my hat off to you Louis, this it truly amazing and looks like it has been there for years!

Cheers Jando

• LouisWilliam
    19 years ago

Thanks Jando. Here's this morning's view of the same spot.

• Jando_1
    19 years ago

What a wonderful backdrop for your garden, I don't envy your leaf clean-up of the pond though. I try to keep my small one clean and it't a lot of work. Yours is much larger, but the beauty we are left with is worth it. Can't wait to see a winter photo of this area. I bet it is lovely and peaceful. I can imagine the sound of the snow crunch under foot and the wind softly rustling through the trees. mmmmmm, there I go day dreaming again!

Cheers Jando

• winter_rose
    19 years ago

I see a lily in one of the photographs. I have tigerlillies, are these suitable for a Japanese garden?

• jeepers13
    19 years ago

LouisWilliam, you have my envy. Seriously well done.
    May I ask, is the stone bordering this pond endemic to the site, or is it some kind of sculpted material?
    James.

• LouisWilliam
    19 years ago

Thanks jeepers - yes, the stone is endemic. More of an epidemic. I started removing soil to lower the grade and started hitting this granite. It was smoothed by the glaciers. When I found a 10ft deep crevice in the bedrock, I sealed the cracks (not easy) and closed off the end with a gunite wall, making a pond with natural rock walls. The glacier also left natural river beds in the granite, so I got waterfalls and streams once I started to pump the water to the top of the outcropping.

• Jando_1
    19 years ago

Hi, I hope this works and I share a photo of the first snow in my garden.

Cheers Jando

Here is a link that might be useful:

• ltfuzz
    19 years ago

OK, here's mine. I wish it looked something like this now, but I spent six weeks away and am paying for the lack of care. Plus, many of the trees dropped their leaves! The NERVE! I did everything wrong in years past when I put in the deciduous willows and birches.
    Since the rains have come (no snow, I'm not complaining here) the zig-zag becomes almost impassable because of the algae. I still haven't figgured out a way to get rid of that sliipery stuff.
    Dave
    PS Glad to be back

Here is a link that might be useful: Dave's Garden

• botann
    19 years ago

Here's one of mine. Feel free to look around in the albums.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fall down by the cabin

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery